If you use a bicycle when commuting, please register with the TMA by completing our registration form. As a TMA registered cyclist you can enjoy free membership in the Emergency Ride Home Program. You will also benefit by receiving notices on any upcoming bicycle education classes and get the opportunity to collaborate on many of our bike related projects and advocacy. To register you must work in Hudson County or park your bike at a transit hub in Hudson and then complete the trip by mass transit.
Be sure to take advantage of our free Adult Smart Cycling Class classes so you can learn more about the rules of the road and driving safely in an urban setting.
We hope more people bicycle to work when possible. The benefits to bicycling are overwhelming:
- Virtually no carbon footprint
- Reduces congestion
- Most energy efficient form of transportation
- Reduces stress
- Passing through traffic jams
- Cheaper parking
- Reduces the demand for new roads
- Reduces the demand for repairing roads
- Reduces the demand for parking lots
- Reduces energy consumption
- Reduces air pollution — bicyclist emit few poisonous gases. A four mile bicycle trip keeps about 15 pounds of pollutants out of the air we breathe.
Reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
- Reduces water pollution — bikes don’t drip brake fluid, anti-freeze, transmission fluid, toxic dust, etc.
- Reduces noise pollution
- Reduces dependence on oil
- Reduces deforestation for planting of rubber plantations and bio-fuel crops because bicycles use very little rubber and lubricants
- Provides better muscle tone, bone mass improvement, clearer skin and personal weight management opportunities
- Provides cardio-vascular system therapy