We understand the difficulties commuters face when they carpool or vanpool. In our efforts to keep car/vanpools rolling, we have recognized that it is common for passengers to be concerned how they will get home if their driver has to leave work early or stay late due to an emergency. Additionally, the passenger may have their own personal emergency requiring an early ride home or a work related emergency causing him/her to work later than the scheduled ride home with the driver. To allay these fears we provide the free Emergency Ride Home Program (ERH).
To participate in the ERH program you must be registered for ERH with the Hudson TMA. If you are not already registered, please complete this online form which is safe and secure. You can also register by phone or mail. You can print out the form which is in the ERH brochure as a pdf below.
Emergency Ride Home brochure
Please note the following rules:
a. Terms of Eligibility
- ERH is only available Monday to Friday (no holidays) starting at 9am.
- The carpool or vanpool must be registered with the Hudson TMA (see form below).
- The individual must complete the ERH Registration Form and agree to the Rules of Eligibility and the Assumption of Risks.
- The individual must currently be a regular participant of the Hudson TMA registered carpool or vanpool on the day they require the ERH.
- The rider(s) must travel to work via the registered car or vanpool on the day they require the ERH.
- The rider must be a registered ERH participant and agreed to the terms of our ERH agreement
- There is a limit of 3 EHR requests per year per individual.
- The TMA may verify with the employer that the employee has to work late by request of a supervisor, or is leaving early due to an unanticipated emergency or illness.
- If the ERH trip cost exceeds $60, the employee will have to pay the balance due at the time of the services rendered.
- The destination must be the rider's registered home address.
- Request for the ERH must be made to the Hudson TMA by 4pm by phone only.
- Arrangements for the taxi service will only be made by the Hudson TMA.
- Arrangements are confirmed upon the passenger's receiving of the TMA confirmation number from the Hudson TMA.
- ERH is not a guaranteed service and may be denied at the discretion of the TMA.
- A request for an ERH will be denied if the ride is needed to:
a. run personal or business related errands
b. attend any prescheduled personal, health or work related appointments or meetings
c. complete other travel plans of a personal or business nature
d. leave early in anticipation of or due to weather conditions
e. accommodate working late as a matter of practice
b. Assumption of Risks
I recognize that participation in the Emergency Ride Home program is strictly voluntary. I understand that neither the ERH Program, nor the Rideshare Program, nor the Hudson TMA, nor the HCIA undertake to provide transportation services to me as a participant, but only to pay for transportation services. I further understand and agree that the delivery at destination, timeliness, safety, and condition of the transportation service which the ERH Program undertakes to pay for are the sole responsibility of the taxicab/limo/car service operator and not the Rideshare Program, the Hudson TMA, or the HCIA. Neither the Rideshare Program nor the Hudson TMA, nor the HCIA, assumes any liability with respect to such transportation service in these or any other particulars which the undersigned or any third person, and the representatives thereof, have or may have against the Hudson TMA, and the HCIA, and its/their officers, agents and/or employees, by reason of any accident, illness, injury or death, or damage to or loss or destruction of any property, arising directly or indirectly from my participation in the ERH Program. I agree to hold harmless, release and forever discharge the Hudson TMA, and the HCIA its/their officers, agents and/or employees from and against any and all claims and demands whatsoever.